Avocado Corn Salad
photo by LorenLou
- Ready In:
- In a large skillet, add corn, oil, water, cumin, and cayenne or red pepper flakes.
- Over medium heat, cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Uncover and continue to cook for a few minutes to evaporate the excess moisture.
- Set skillet aside to cool.
- Slice the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Peel the avocado and chop into 1/2 inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the lime juice and stir.
- Chop the bell pepper into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add the red onion and cooked corn; stir to combine.
- Add salt and hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro on top.
- Serve immediately or chill, then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Man oh man - this is such a great side for any outdoor summer meal! It was terrific with our grilled London Broil. This is a beautiful salad, and I love it that the red comes from red bell pepper instead of tomotoes. I kicked it up with a couple extra shakes of Tabasco and used leftover grilled corn cut of the cob, and it was to-die-for! Thanks Di!
Great recipe, Di! With fresh corn this is delicious. I made this recipe as you directed, using New Mexican chile powder instead of the cayenne. We had a very nice kick :-)!! I think the water and oil mix instead of all oil was genius! Very good, and very easy to prepare. Next time, I might add black beans. Thanks for sharing this wonderful keeper.