Avocado Butter With Baby Shrimp Sandwiches
photo by AmandaInOz
- Ready In:
- 6 slices egg bread or 6 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1 avocado, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ounces cooked baby shrimp
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- watercress leaf
- Beat together butter, avocado, lemon juice, chili powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, marinate the baby shrimp with lemon juice, olive oil, hot pepper sauce and salt to taste.
- Lightly sprinkle salt on cucumber slices and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Pat cucumber dry with paper towels.
- Cut bread in half and spread slices with avocado butter. Top with overlapping cucumber slices and pile shrimp on top. Garnish with a watercress sprig.
- Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy in the tummy, ~Leslie~. Made for a nice quick lunch today. The avocdo butter is TDF! Just wish I was able to get English cukes. Thnx, so much, for sharing your recipe, ~Leslie~. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
A very good vegetarian sandwiche so refresing and so tasty. I enjoyed it without changing anything. I used frozen shrimp and at the second one I added some arugula. The cucumber was perfect with the avocado butter. One of my co-workers asked for the recipe at once. Thanks Leslie for posting! Its a keeper!