Avocado Arancini With Creamy Avocado Ranch Dip
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 6 slices thick-cut applewood smoked bacon
- 2 ripe mexican avocados
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dry packed sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- canola oil (for frying)
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Spread the cooked rice out on a cookie sheet and let cool for 10 minutes, then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until cold.
- While the rice chills, cook the bacon until crisp, then drain well on paper towels. Crumble the bacon and set aside until ready to use.
- Cut the 2 Mexican avocados in half and remove the pits. Scrape the flesh from 3 of the 4 halves into a medium mixing bowl. Scrape the 4th avocado half into a separate small bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice to each bowl and mash the contents of both bowls well with a fork. Add the sour cream and ranch dressing mix to the small bowl and whisk together until you have a smooth, creamy consistency, then cover and refrigerate until ready to use. To the medium mixing bowl, add the oregano, red pepper flakes, sun-dried tomatoes, shredded mozzarella, cooked bacon, salt and pepper and mix well. Stir in the cooked, chilled rice and mix well again.
- Beat the two eggs in a small shallow bowl. Pour the Italian bread crumbs into a small shallow dish.
- Pour enough canola oil into a medium frying pan to reach a depth of 3/4 inch. Heat the oil until it reaches a temperature of 350 degrees. Use a teaspoon to scoop up the rice mixture and roll it into 1-inch diameter balls. Place each rice ball into the egg, then into the bread crumbs to coat. Fry the arancini in small batches in the hot oil for 3 minutes, until golden brown on all sides. Transfer the cooked arancini to a paper towel lined platter to drain. Serve them warm with the cool avocado ranch dip.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!