Avocado and Coconut Ice Cream
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs avocados, pulp
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (more to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, dried, shredded and lightly toasted (for garnish, more coconut or toasted almonds, pine nuts or pistachios)
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and scoop the pulp out. Cut the pulp into chunks and place it in the blender or food processor. Add the coconut milk, sugar, and lime juice, and puree until smooth.
- Process the avocado-coconut puree in you ice cream maker, or ice cream ball, according to the manufacturers instructions. Freeze using your ice cream maker. If you don't have an ice cream maker you can serve it as a cold mousse, or you can also freeze it and serve it as ice cream, but it will be a little less fluffy. But its still good!
- Lightly toast the shredded coconut on a small saute pan set over medium-low heat, stirring constantly so it does not burn. It will take less than a minute. Once the coconut becomes fragrant and acquires a tan, remove and set aside. Sprinkle over the ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.