Avocado Alfredo Pasta Nests
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 avocados (1 for mashing, others for avocado roses)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti, or linguini noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 dozen cherry tomatoes
- Mash 1 avocado with a fork in a bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add lemon juice to mashed avocado and mix.
- Boil noodles, following directions on box for al dente pasta.
- In a pan, melt butter. Then add heavy cream, parmesan cheese and mashed avocado mix. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix egg, seasoned bread crumbs until combined. Then add the above avocado mixture and cooked noodles, mix until noodles are coated.
- Sprinkle in parsley and mix well.
- Using a fork, rotate a small amount of noodles into a nest and place into a muffin tin. Repeat until no noodles are left.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Slice remaining avocados thinly; spread slightly then rotate to make a rose shape; squeeze lemon juice over the rose.
- Scoop out the baked pasta nests, let rest on a cooling rack.
- Place an avocado rose on top of each nest; garnish with sliced cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!