Avah’s Sopita-Alphabet Soup
photo by Martin S.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup of dry alphabet pasta
- 3 cups water
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1 quarter of an onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tomato bouillon (caldo de tomate)
- 1 tablespoon Anjou pear, mi arroz rice seasoning mix
- Heat up 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a saucepan.
- Add the pasta and saute until pasta turns a light golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove any excess oil by using a metal strainer. Set pasta aside allowing to cool down.
- Add tomatoes, garlic clove and a quart of an onion to a blender with enough water to start blending. For this recipe we will only be using about half of the puree mixture.
- Turn heat back up and slowly add in the puree mixture, mixing evenly with the pasta.
- Add 3 cups of water.
- Add Mi Arroz seasoning and tomato bouillon. You can substitute Mi Arroz with salt and garlic powder.
- Once your soup boils, taste the tomato broth: season with more salt, if necessary. Cover saucepan and reduce heat to low. Let soup simmer until all liquid has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Your Ready to Serve and Enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!