Autumn's Potluck Meatballs
I'd decided to make meatballs for a potluck lunch at work- but my small rural grocery store was out of chili sauce so I had to improvise. This recipe is what I came up with! If the resulting sauce is too tangy, feel free to add up to another 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Ready In:
For the Meatballs
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
For the Sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 3⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Mix the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, onion, worcestershire, and horseradish. I used my kitchen aid and it worked very well.
- Form into 1" meatballs.
- Bake at 350 until done, about 20 minutes.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan, and heat until boiling.
- Put meatballs in crock pot and pour sauce over them. Keep on low.