Autumn Pork Loin
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 small red apple
- 1⁄2 small acorn squash
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 lb pork loin
- 5 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon egg white substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Heat oven to 350°F In small bowl, mix brown sugar, margarine and cinnamon until crumbly; set aside. Cut squash into 1/2-inch rings. Cut rings in half; remove seeds. Cut apple into chunks.
- In shallow dish, stir together Bisquick® mix, seasoned salt, pepper and cracker crumbs. In another shallow dish, mix egg white and water. Dip pork into egg mixture, then coat with Bisquick mixture.
- Spray 10-inch skillet with Pam cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook pork in skillet 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until coating is brown.
- Place pork in ungreased 8-inch square or 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Arrange squash and apples around pork. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until squash is tender and until pork is no longer pink in center.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I am still young (25) Life experince has aged me alot. I learned to cook at both of my grandmother's knees (One southern American, one southern Irish) when I was about five. By ten I started collecting cookbooks and experinmenting on my own. As a latch key kid I cooked for my four younger brothers and sisters. My mom ran a small deli before she died when I was 17 so alot of my recies debuted there. Now I run my own catering Buisness. I am married to a wnderful man for five years now. I am a six year old daughter, sons who are four and three. We are also raising my 14 year old sister and nine Year old stepsister and have a 16 year old foster daughter, all of which love cooking with me. I am writing a cookbook with the hopes that when I pass I can leave my recipes for them My cookbook collection has now reached over 1200. Thank you for trying and reviewing my recipes.. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">