Authentic Rigatoni Bolognese
If you like real, down home, Italian cooking -- then you'll love this recipe. It's a traditional pasta dish, just like grandma used to make. The Bolognese sauce can be made and frozen for use throughout the month. Feel free to double this recipe as written, but reduce the wine to 3 cups total.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, to saute
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs veal
- 2 cups red wine, chianti a must
- 1 (29 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, San Marzano is best
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Put the olive oil into a pan. Add the chopped veggies and saute until the celery softens.
- Add ground beef or veal and saute until meat browns.
- Add your favorite red wine (the alcohol will be absorbed during cooking process).
- Add the crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste and allow this to simmer over low heat for at least an hour until sauce thickens.
- Boil rigatoni in hot, salted water.
- To plate the dish, put the rigatoni in a bowl, pour some sauce on top and garnish with some fresh parsley.