- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 14 ounces smoked bacon lardons (or use cooked ham)
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 lb cooked potato, cold and cut into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot sweet paprika (if you can't find this use sweet paprika mixed with a pinch of chili powder)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the bacon and onion together for 10 mins until the bacon is golden. Lift out of the pan onto a plate, then add the potatoes and fry for 10 mins more until golden.
- Tip in the caraway and paprika, season well, then fry for another min, stirring to release their fragrance.
- Return the bacon and onion, taste for seasoning, then add the parsley. Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)