Australian-Irish Shepherd's Stew by Sy
photo by SkipperSy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 shoulder lamb chops, de-boned & cubed
- seasoned flour, blend
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (24 ounce) can chicken stock or (24 ounce) can beef stock
- 1 medium carrot, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 turnips, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- Combine the seasoned flour ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Dust lamb.
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Brown meat over high heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove meat, discard fat and place meat in large pot (clean pot).
- Add chicken/beef stock, carrots, onions, celery, rosemary, thyme and parsley.
- Cover, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add potatoes, and simmer for 15 more minutes; don't over cook the potatoes and turnips.
- Remove lid.
- Add blended flour and water.
- Add Mixed Vegetables.
- Simmer uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!