photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and grease a baking sheet.
- Stir together the flour and the salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the milk and water. Stir until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a round loaf 8 inches across. Place the loaf onto the prepared pan and using a sharp knife, cut a cross in the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. The loaf should be golden brown and the bottom should sound hollow when tapped.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
*Reviewed during ZWT5 Family Picks Australia and New Zealand for Chow Hounds Team* Perfect plain damper that my family enjoyed with dinner tonight. SO easy to make and tasted just right. You can add extras to this damper like herbs, sprinkle cheese over the top or add in dried fruits to make it sweeter, such as sultanas or raisins. Photo alos being posted