Australian BBQ Prawns With Lemon Myrtle Aioli
From the 2004 Food & Wine calendar. Team with a glass of Smith Leigh Old Vine Semillion.
- Ready In:
- 8 large green prawns
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon myrtle, powder
- salt & pepper
- Thread prawns onto skewers, brush with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- BBQ or grill over a medium heat until opaque.
- Whisk egg yolk, mustard, garlic and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. Gradually add olive oil, whisking constantly, until the aioli is thick. Stir through lemon myrtle.
- Serve prawns with lemon myrtle aioli for dipping.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yummo! The lemon myrtle gave the aioli a very distictive taste that went great with the grilled prawns. The recipe gives a fairly generous amount of aioli so unless you were using absolutely huge prawns it's about the right amount for 8 skewers with 3 or 4 prawns per skewer. I used 4 Tiger Prawns per skewer that looked like about U8 size.Reply