- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground mild sausage
- 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 medium sweet onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 green pepper, small diced
- 2 jalapenos, small diced
- 1 ancho chili, small diced
- 1 medium carrot, minced
- 1 granny smith apple, small dice
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (regular works too)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of bushes chili beans
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Over medium heat brown the bacon & the onion together. When the onions are carmelized add the balsamic vinegar & worchestershire sauce. Mix well, as you are mixing add in the brown sugar, dry mustard, & paprika. Then the jalapenos, carrot, ancho pepper, the granny smith apple, & the green pepper. Stir often don't let it burn.When everything is cooked pull from heat & set aside.
- In large pot (8 quarts or larger) brown the grnd beef, sausage & venison. Use a spatula if you need to, but break the meat into small chunks. When completely browned, drain the grease in a colander & return the meat to the pot. Then blend in the mixture you created earlier. When blended add in the chili beans, tomato puree, sauce & paste. Blend well and return to medium heat for about 35 minutes to an hour. Don't let it burn on the bottom of the pot so stir often.
- When cooked to your satisfaction this can be used over pasta, as taco filling, or placed in large flour tortillas with shredded cheese to make burritos or by it's self. If it isn't spicy enough use your favorite hot sauce to crank up the heat. I found one that I like called Tapatio Salsa Picante.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!