Aussie Party Pies
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons rice bran oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 300 g lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup beef stock
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, fresh
- 5 sheets shortcrust pastry, frozen
- 1 tablespoon milk
- tomato sauce, to serve
- Heat oil in frying pan and add onion, saute for 5 minutes Add garlic and carrots. Cook for 2 mins or until carrot has softened.
- Add mince meat stirring to break up meat for about 6 mins or until browned.
- Add tomato paste and flour. Cook stirring for 1 minute Add stock, worcestershire sauce and thyme.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook for 6 minutes Remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Make sure the pastry is slightly defrosted.
- Grease 2 x 12 hole round base patty pans. Using a 6.5cm cutter, cut 24 rounds from pastry and line the patty pans.
- Add 1 tbsp of filling into the pastry. Using a 6cm cutter, cut 24 rounds from remaining pastry. With a floured fork pierce holes in the centre of the pastry rounds. Top the pies with these rounds. Press edges together to seal.
- Brush tops with milk and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stand for a few minutes before eating, serve with tomato sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!