Aussie Lamb Chops (Grilled)
photo by Peter J
- Ready In:
12 lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons currant jam (or jelly)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 lamb loin chops (3 lbs, cut 1-inch thick & trimmed)
- 6 slices pineapple (1/2-inch thick)
- In a sml bowl, combine currant jam, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard & Worcestershire sauce. Place lamb chops in lrg resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over lamb chops. Close bag & marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Remove lamb from marinade & discard.
- Place lamb & pineapple slices in center of cooking grate. Grill pineapple for 5-7 minutes or till grill marks appear, turning once halfway thru grilling time.
- Grill lamb chops 7-9 minutes for rare (140 degrees), 10-13 minutes for medium (160 degrees) or 14-17 minutes for medium-well (170 degrees). Turn once halfway thru grilling time. Serve lamb chops w/grilled pineapple rings.
- NOTE: Don't "over-marinate". You want to enhance the lamb flavor, not mask it!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an American transplanted from Dallas to Iceland by marriage to a native Icelander & I retired to become his "Kitchen Queen". We love to entertain our family & friends, so I have an eclectic collection of recipes. I especially love simple, easy-fix, flexible & make-ahead recipes - BUT also like challenging myself on occasion. I enjoy baking & food photography. I am devoted to the "More is Always Better Principle" & apply it liberally to bacon, butter & garlic. I can have ingredient issues due to availability here in Iceland & my DH is medically diet-restricted from some ingredients as well. Either situation might require me to modify a recipe, but I will do my best to be true to your recipes & fair/honest in my reviews. Mary Pat (aka twissis)