Auntie's No Bake Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup (the important secret ingredient!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 cups oats
- Combine sugar and cocoa in a medium sauce pan.
- Whisk in milk and corn syrup.
- Add butter.
- Cook and stir until mixture has boiled for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, peanut butter, oats, and coconut.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop out with a cookie scoop and drop onto waxed paper. They will keep their shape.
- Allow to cool completely and store in airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These were very good. They were a bit gooey, however that is because I did some experimenting on them. I put in a few marshmallows and I did half colored rice crispies and half oatmeal. I was not much in the mood for all oatmeal.<br/><br/>I have to say even though they were a bit on the gooey side they were still very good. I can attest to that since my daughter has of yet to quit eating them!!<br/><br/>I made these for the Lets PARTY in the Contests and Events Forum.
I went through ALL of the gazillion identical no-bake cookie recipes on Zaar, and decided to try this one because it had the secret ingredient :-). They were great, and very easy! No need to try any of the other recipes; I'll stick with this one. Flavor is great, and texture is great. Thanks so much for posting!