Audrey's Earl Grey Marteani
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup (1 ( 1 sugar-to-water ratio)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces earl grey tea-infused gin
- 1 egg white
- lemon twist (to garnish)
- coarse sugar, to rim the glass
- Moisten the rim of a chilled martini glass with lemon juice and turn it upside down in a saucer of coarse sugar to rim the glass.
- Place the lemon juice, simple syrup, infused gin and egg white into a lidded glass or cocktail shaker, add a few cubes of ice and shake vigorously for ten to fifteen seconds.
- Strain into the prepared glass and garnish with the lemon twist.
- Green Tea-Infused Gin.
- One 750 ml bottle of Tanqueray gin (Feel free to substitute your own favorite gin.).
- 4 tablespoons loose Earl Grey tea leaves.
- Carefully measure the tea leaves and feed them through the neck of the gin bottle.
- Cap the bottle and shake to mix.
- Let the gin sit at room temperature for a minimum of two hours.
- Strain the gin to remove the tea leaves, thoroughly rinse the bottle to remove the tea debris and pour the infused gin back into the bottle.
- The infusion will last indefinitely if kept refrigerated.
- Note: If you are squeamish about consuming raw egg whites, eliminate them from the recipe. They add a nice visual touch, but they do not affect the flavor of the cocktail.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am retired and I don't really do much of anything but cook food and download and watch movies and television. I live in Las Vegas, NV (across the street from The South Point Hotel & Casino) I like to cook a lot and gamble a little.</p>