MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is the Cheesecake from www.atkins.com itself! According to the site one peice is 4.5 Net Carbs total. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 packets sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 10 packets sugar substitute
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- blueberries (to garnish) (optional)
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- For crust, place pine nuts and macadamias in bowl of a food processor; pulse until ground but not pastelike.
- Add sugar substitute and butter; pulse to combine.
- Transfer to a 9" springform pan.
- With your fingers, gently press nut mixture to form a crust on bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven and cool.
- Place cream cheese and sugar substitute in food processor; process until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract, lemon rind and salt; pulse to combine.
- Add sour cream and process to combine.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Turn off oven; let cheesecake cool for one hour without opening door.
- Chill overnight.
- Garnish with blueberries before serving.
- atkins tips.
- To cut chilled cheesecake into neat slices, use a long piece of dental floss.
- Then wrap each piece individually and freeze.
- It tastes delicious right out of the freezer or bring to room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
- Bon appetit!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
this is indeed very excellent for atkiners like myself. i spooned some light strawberry preserves on my piece and poured some heavy cream on top of it all. (this diet don't sound so bad, eh?) next time i will up the amount of sugar substitute slightly, as i would have liked it a tad bit sweeter.2Reply
Wow, whose idea was it to freeze individual portions and eat them right out of the freezer! Yowza! I'm Somersizing as opposed to Atkinsing, so I just left out the crust, and the filling is very very very good. The lemon zest hides the slight weird flavor of the sugar substitute. Not sharing my cake with anyone!2Reply
see 1 more