Athenian Shrimp In Tomato And Feta Sauce
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chop
- 1 clove garlic, mince
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes
- 1 can puree sauce (Thick)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup dry wine or 1/4 cup vermouth
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chop
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peel,devein
- 2 ounces feta cheese, 1/4 " cubes
- Heat oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onion is softened, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a 3-1/2 qt slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes with their puree, the tomato paste, wine, parsley, oregano and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
- Increase the heat to HIGH and add the shrimp.
- Cook just until the shrimp are firm and have turned pink, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the feta cheese and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!