Assamese Cuisine: Chicken With Sesame Seeds
photo by mywritingmyworld
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 ib chicken
- 4 onions, mediumly sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tea spoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, washed and soaked for 15 minutes
- 50 ml mustard oil
- 3 green chilies
- Wash the chicken.
- Heat a deep bottomed vessel and put the oil.
- saute the onions and chillies till they turn golden brown.
- Add the chickens.
- Add salt and turmeric according to taste.
- Saute and cover with the lid.
- Keep the heat minimum.
- After 5 minutes, add the cumin powder and ginger garlic paste.
- Mix well and cover with the lid again.
- Cook for 15 minutes or till the chicken is almost done on low heat.
- Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make paste of the soaked sesame seeds.
- As the chicken is almost done, add the sesame paste and mix well.
- Add One glass of water and bring it to boil.
- Cover with the lid.
- Cook till the water dries up.
- Adjust the salt and voila! Your exotic chicken dish is ready.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!