Aspargus With Tarragon Sherry Vinagarette
My favorite way to serve asparagus.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 large egg, hard-boiled
- Steam asparagus on a steamer rack set over boiling water, covered, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes (depending on thickness).
- transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Whisk together vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl a add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Whisk in tarragon.
- Halve egg and force each half through a coarse sieve into a bowl.
- Toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette and divide among 4 plates. Spoon remaining dressing over asparagus and top with egg.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation