Asparagus with Toasted Pine Nuts & Lemon Vinaigrette
- Ready In:
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh spears
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried whole
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried whole
- pepper, freshly ground
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Remove scales from stalks with knife or vegetable peeler, if desired.
- Place spears in a steaming rack over boiling water; cover and steam 4-5 minutes or until spears are crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Sautee pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Set aside.
- Combine olive oil and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir with a wire whisk to blend.
- Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
- Pour over asparagus.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Let stand to room temperature before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
All I heard was "YUM". I cooked my asparagus in a grill basket lined with foil. When the spears were done I just poured the vinaigrette in and left it on the grill until it sizzled. I also added red onion. This is one of my top favorite asparagus recipes now...so easy, everything is on hand, and great flavor!