Asparagus With Lemon Caper Vinaigrette
photo by Nimz_
- Ready In:
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 medium lemon, juice of, divided
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Trim ends of asparagus and place spears in a large skillet.
- Cover asparagus with water and add salt and 1 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer about 7 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Combine remaining lemon juice, capers, mustard, sugar, and pepper. (Capers may be chopped or left whole, it's up to you. I usually chop them up a little.).
- Slowly drizzle in oil while whisking rapidly, allowing vinaigrette to thicken slightly.
- Toss asparagus with vinaigrette and serve.
- May be refrigerated and served within a couple hours, or served warm immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I liked this recipe for its ease and flexibility, and that is the only reason it got 4 stars. But, next time, I will cut the sauce in half. To me, there was way too much wasted sauce still left on the serving dish!! I also came to the conclusion that I really prefere either grilling or broiling asparagus... it just gives it a superior taste over boiling it. After making these changes... this recipe would rock at a solid 10.
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live on the coast of Florida, near St. Pete. Great seafood abounds here! Cooking good, family friendly meals is my passion, and my kids are as into it as I am. (My 3 year old cracks a mean egg!) <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">