Asparagus With Garlic Butter and Parmesan Cheese
We had this simple, delicious starter in a Bali restaurant recently. I've since made it at home to rave reviews.
- Ready In:
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed of woody ends (thick spears)
- 125 g butter (no substitute)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed (I actually grate mine on my microplane grater)
- salt and pepper
- 40 g parmesan cheese, grated (finely)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, drop the asparagus in and cook for about 2 minutes or until just, just tender crisp. Plunge into iced water to stop them cooking, then drain.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Season with salt and pepper, the add the asparagus to the pan, tossing and turning gently in the butter until hot.
- Divide amongst 4 plates, then sprinkle each serve with the cheese.
- We liked crusty bread to mop up the rest of the garlic butter, but it's up to you!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very tasty and simple. I skipped cooking my asparagus in the boiling water first...just added it to the melted butter and stirred it around until it was slightly cooked. We like our asparagus very lightly cooked or raw. Once plated up, I sprinkled the asparagus with the Parmesan cheese. Will definitely be making this again. I served this alongside your Australian Apricot Chicken which was also enjoyed by all. Made and reviewed for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #641Reply
see 4 more