Asparagus Steamed With Lemon Butter
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, fresh baby
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Wash asparagus and trim off bottom of stems by about 2 inches.
- In a large skillet, bring about 1/2-inch of water to a rapid boil. Season the water with salt.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and just tender.
- Drain the asparagus and place it immediately in a bowl of ice water to shock it. This will help the asparagus to retain the bright green color. Drain.
- Add butter to the skillet to melt. Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Add the drained asparagus to the skillet. Toss to coat and heat. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Original Zaaarite. Food lovers. Lynnda passed away in March 2020. Her recipes live on here for everyone to enjoy and Rick continues the tradition. We will forever live together through our food. Live well. Eat well.?