Asparagus Soup With Lemon Creme Fraiche
An easy vegetarian soup for spring time
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced shallot
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 28 ounces vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche or 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finley grated lemon peel
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots; saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus and corander; stir 1 minute.
- Add broth; simmer until asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Either work in batches and puree soup in blender or use and immersion blender in same pot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir creme fraiche, lemon juice and lemon peel in small bowl.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with dollop of lemon creme fraiche.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation