Asparagus Soup With Lemon Cream and Tarragon
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaf, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, cracked
- 4 ounces white wine
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lemon (half of it zested to use in cream)
- Heat a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and sauté shallots until transparent.
- Add asparagus (be sure to cut off bottom portion that is hard and stalky) and tarragon leaves (reserve stems for later use) and cook briefly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and simmer until reduced by half. Add vegetable stock and continue to cook until asparagus is completely soft. Puree tarragon stems in a blender until completely smooth. Pour through a fine strainer and recheck seasoning.
- Whip cream until firm. Gently fold in lemon zest, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and chopped tarragon stems.
- Pour soup into 4 warm bowls and top with a dollop of cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a married cruise-only travel agent with two stepsons, aged 20 and 25. It took a while to get the boys used to my cooking, as they were raised on fast food and pre-packaged foods (i.e. mac-n-cheese from the blue box, frozen dinners, Chef Boyardee, McDonalds, etc.). My mother is from Spain and I lived there as well as Germany, England and Italy growing up, which influenced both my career and my cuisine!</p> 8726943"