- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 cup long grain rice or 1 cup grain rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In medium saucepan, heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add uncooked rice and cook for one minute, stirring rice until coated.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover, simmer 15 minutes.
- Drain can of asparagus, with a fork, mash asparagus in can.
- After simmering 15 minutes add asparagus.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and still until liquid is absorbed and rice is creamy.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved this rice! I used long grain rice and sliced the asparagus into bite size pieces instead of mashing it. My parmesan was a blend of cheeses and it was perfect with this risotto. Asparagus is one of my favorites but DH is not real fond of it but he ate this with no problem. Next time will mash the asparagus and give it a try. Thank you Ben's Mom for a great tasting and easy to make recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home mom to our 4 yr old daughter, 10 month old son, and Ben, our 11 yr. old German Shepherd. I love to cook, read, and enjoy doing mosaic.