- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Blanch asparagus spears in boiling water for 90 seconds. Refresh in cold water and cut in half; set aside.
- Blend together eggs, sour cream, cheese, mushrooms, and garlic tarragon. Add asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour ingredients into a 9-inch deep dish pie shell.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes; remove from oven.
- Top with julienned red pepper and return to oven for 30-40 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I didn't have pie crust on hand, so I took a gamble and added 3/4 cup of Bisquick to the egg mixture before pouring it all into a glass deep dish pie plate. I then topped it with just a light dusting of ground nutmeg. Other than this, I kept the recipe exactly as is and used the same baking times. It turned out VERY good. The combination of ingredients wed nicely with each other. The taragon added a special and wonderful flavor. I will make this recipe again and again!