Asparagus and Toasted Garlic
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 large garlic cloves (or more or less to your liking)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Wash asparagus, cut and remove bottoms of stalks.
- Chop garlic into large pieces (I usually slice mine into pieces that resemble slivered almonds).
- Place butter in large skillet and drizzle oil over the butter.
- Heat butter and oil on medium-high heat---be careful not to let the butter burn.
- Once the butter is melted, add asparagus and toss to coat.
- Sautee for 2 minutes and then add garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium and tossing occasionally, sautee the mixture until the garlic is light brown in color.
- Remove from heat and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is now my favorite way to eat asparagus, too! As a huge garlic lover, I was in heaven. The asparagus was nicely buttered and cooked just right (not too soft), about 4-5 min. total. The toasted garlic slivers were absolutely delicious paired with the asparagus. I wouldn't change a thing to this recipe. Simple and perfect! ~Made for Spring 2009 Pick-A-Chef~
This is by far my favorite asaparagus recipe. It's a great holiday side dish, or perfect for any meal because it's so quick and easy. My best advice is to pick thin asparagus stalks, as the thicker ones are often bitter and don't cook as well. Take care not to burn the garlic -the idea is to lightly toast it.