Asparagus and Manchego Paella
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1⁄2 lb raw shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 cup grated manchego cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet that has a lid.
- Fry onion until browned.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add rice, broccoli, chicken broth, saffron, and shrimp. Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, for 20 minutes. Do not stir!
- Add asparagus on top, cover again and cook 5 minutes, or until asparagus and rice are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve topped with manchego.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My favorite cookbook is The Essential Rice Cookbook.