Asparagus and Cashews
This recipe was tucked away in one of my mom's old files! I'm not a big asparagus fan, but others in my family have enjoyed this for decades!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter or 1/4 cup smart balance spread with flax seed oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, salted, broken into halves
- Steam asparagus until tender, about 10-12 minutes, then remove to serving dish.
- Meantime, in a small pan, melt butter.
- To melted butter add lemon juice, marjoram & cashews, simmering over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour butter & nut mixture over cooked asparagus & serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Syd, your recipe is a dream! Soooo easy and terrific delicious!<br/>I followed you direction and I really only steamed (not boiled) the asparagus. The best way to prepare asparagus for sure.<br/>The sauce is done in a few minutes. The cashew I used were not only salted but spiced as well; I belive it was most paprika and pepper.<br/>We served this with boilded potatoes with some chives.<br/>Thanks a lot for posting this recipe!Reply
see 12 more