Asian-Style Pumpkin Soup.
A bit of a twist on the traditional Pumpkin soup. Another ww one. 4 pts per serve.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 kg pumpkin, kent, peeled coarsely chopped
- 1 liter chicken stock, made by using stock cubes (4cups)
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk (125ml)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 40 g snow pea sprouts, trimmed, to serve
- 1 cup Thai basil, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 mins or until softened.
- Add the pumpkin and stock and bring to the oil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 25 mins or until tender.
- Using a wand blender or a food processor, puree the pumpkin mixture.
- Return to pan over low heat.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, lemon juice, chili sauce and sugar.
- Cook, stirring for 2 mins or until combined and heated through.
- Ladle into warmed bowls and top with snow pea spouts and basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious soup that is so easy to make. I'm still undecided as to whether it needs any, some or all of the brown sugar, but everything is else perfect. I didn't have snow pea sprouts, so used chopped scallions. Also, I covered the soup during the simmering, so I didn't lose too much liquid. Thanks Sonya.Reply