Asian-Style Asparagus Cole Slaw
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I got the original recipe from BHG.com...modified it a little. Try this in early spring when asparagus in season! This slaw is a wonderful, unique, and tasty way to serve this delicous veggie!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb asparagus
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 1 celery rib, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cashews (optional)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut off about 1/4 inch of stem ends of asparagus (the ends become fibrous very quickly!).
- Rinse asparagus; drain. Cut into 1-2 inch slice; julienne the stems (but not the heads!).
- Bring 1 inch of water to boiling in a medium saucepan. Place asparagus in steamer basket; cover and steam for 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Drain. Gently rinse with cool water.
- Combine asparagus, green cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, parsley, onion, and cashews in a large bowl. Toss gently with sesame oil, vinegar, and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION