Asian Spiced Grilled Squash
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash or 1 1/2 lbs other winter squash
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 scallion, both white and green parts minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat grill to High.
- Peel squash, remove and discard seeds. Cut crosswise into 1/2" thick slices.
- Place butter in a small saucepan and melt over medium heat. Add garlic, scallion and sesame seeds. Cook about 1 minute- do not let garlic brown.
- Stir in maple syrup and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and let boil 1 minute.
- Brush squash slices with sauce.
- Place squash on hot grill, close lid and cook for 2-3 minutes, basting once. Turn squash over and cook 2-3 more minutes, basting once.
- Serve with remaining sauce, adding to any juices that may have run off into the drip pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!