Asian Shredded Beef
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Source: A Year of Slow Cooking by Stephanie O'Dea
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 4 lbs boneless beef roast or 4 lbs pork roast
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or 6 garlic cloves, minced)
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- cooked white rice
- Use a 6 slow cooker.
- Trim any visible fat from the meat, and plop it into your stoneware.
- Sprinkle the dried spices directly onto the meat, and top with the ketchup and honey.
- Pour in the soy and hoisin sauces.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours, or until the meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION