photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- Combine dressing ingredients and heat until it comes to a boil.
- Let cool and refrigerate.
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Brown broken noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds in butter.
- Set aside.
- Keep dressing, dry mixture, and cabbage seperate.
- Mix all 3 together 15 minutes before serving.
- This is best served cold and fresh.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This flavor is excellent! You're right about the dressing, it's delish! I do think the amount of oil could be cut down substantially though, just to lighten up the dish. And I guessed that the seasoning packets in the ramen noodles were not used, so set those aside. I had both green & purple cabbage to use up and I threw in some carrot shreds for color, but other than that, made as directed. We've made a lot of similar Asian salads, but the thing that makes this one stand out is the toasting of the noodles, sesame seeds & almonds. That added another flavor dimension, usually lacking in other recipes. DH hasn't tried it yet, as he works late tonight, but DS ignored the main dish and ate two full helpings of this salad instead! It's a winner! Thanks for sharing, MamaTa6! Made & enjoyed for BB Tag Game. :)