Asian Noodle Salad Quick and Easy Version
photo by Cathy17
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb linguine, cooked
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped in long strips
- 1 large carrot, peeled, julienned
- 1 teaspoon garlic, from the jar (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger, from the jar (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup kraft asian toasted sesame dressing (adjust for desired flavour or consistency) or 1/2-1 cup marinade (adjust for desired flavour or consistency)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds (adjust to taste)
- Boil pasta in salted water til cooked. Drain and run cold water to cool.
- While pasta is cooking, chop onions and carrots. Toss into a large tupperware container.
- Add ginger, garlic and optional red pepper flakes to the carrots and green onions. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Shake Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame dressing and pour into the carrot/onion/ginger/garlic mixture. Stir to thoroughly coat. Add more or less to your desired coverage. A little goes a long way.
- Once pasta is completely cool, slowly add to the dressing mixture and toss until coated. Add more dressing until coated to your satisfaction/taste. You don't need alot because it has quite a bit of flavour.
- Add more ginger/garlic/red pepper flakes for desired taste. Add sesame seeds.
- Cover with a lid, put in fridge to chill and keep cool until ready to serve. Just before serving you may want to add a bit more dressing to mix around.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was in a need of a quick easy recipe for a BBQ and this did the trick. I couldn't find the Kraft dressing in my grocery store so I subbed with the Newman's Own as did the other reviewers. The recipe is easy to build upon and adjust to your tastes. I don't like to bite into big chunks of garlic so I grated two cloves right into the dressing along with grated fresh ginger. I also doubled the amount of dressing, scallions, ginger, and garlic because because I almost doubled the volume of the salad by adding added extra veggies (edamame, broccoli slaw, and shredded carrots), cooked cubed chicken breast, and some toasted cashews. This was delicious and easy. I even scooped out a little container's worth to leave at home to enjoy later after the picnic. Will definitely make this again. I might try adding fruit like madarin orange sections or pineapple chunks next time for a different twist. Thanks for the recipe.
What a nice change for pasta salad. I used 8 oz. of spaghetti, broken in half for easier eating, but kept the other ingredients the same and doubled the carrot for a little more vegetable. I used 1/2 t. chili pepper flakes and Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger dressing. I forgot the ginger but will try to remember that next time! Sprinkled some sesame seeds on top for a little crunch and extra flavor. Thank you!