Asian Marinated Beef Strips on a Skewer W/Thai Hot and Sweet Dip
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 9mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced (for beef)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced gingerroot
- wooden skewer, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar or 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large garlic cloves, mashed to paste with pinch of salt (for sauce)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes
- Trim excess fat from steak; slice steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
- Combine soy sauce and remaining ingredients in a glass dish; add steak strips, and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove steak strips from marinade, reserving marinade.Thread steak strips onto prepared skewers.
- Grill, uncovered over medium-hot coals (350°F to 400°F / 175°C to 205°C) 8 to 9 minutes or until desired doneness, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- for sauce In a small saucepan bring vinegar to a boil. Stir in sugar and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir garlic paste and red pepper flakes into vinegar. Cool.
- Serve sauce at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I Like Food!!! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">