Asian-lime Sauce (for Grilling and Dipping)
This recipe came out of a magazine. It is recommended for brushing on ribs as they grill and also, on the side, for dipping. Servings and yield are estimates.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons ginger, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- Stir all ingredients together until blended well.
- Use this sauce to brush on ribs or other pork as it is being grilled, or use it on the side as a dipping sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
YUM... I also made this for the ZWTII and Donna's combination looked sooo good that I copied it (Thanks Donna - excellent choice!) Jellyqueen, I totally messed up the photo's, every singe one out of focus (end of a long day) but not to worry, I can see many other occasions when I am going to make this again so I will do it then. A recipe that surprised me as even several of the more fussy guests liked it... And halfway though dinner I had to put it in several small bowls because guests were complaining that it wasn’t at THEIR end of the table, and they wanted it BACK please… LOL .Please see my rating system: that’s worth 5 stars! Thanks JReply
see 6 more