Asian Inspired Coconut Crab Cakes
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 8 ounces flaked crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup thinly chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon
- preheat oven to 375.
- place coconut in a mircowave safe dish and mircowave 3-4 minutes stirring often til lightly toasted.
- combine crab, ginger, green onions, pepper, carrot, lemon juice, may, egg, rice vinegar and garlic and mix well.
- combine bread crumsb and cayenne pepper and fold into crab mix.
- sprinkle half of the coconut on cutting board.
- With a measuring spoon form 16 even sized balls of crab mix.
- roll in coocnut mixture and sprinkle remianing coconut on top.
- Flatten and place on cookie sheet.
- bake 20 minutes until coconut is golden brown.
- Serve with asian style hot mustard.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I tried these last night and was a little disappointed. They made a fine crab cake, but they just didn't have the zing I was hoping for. Aside from the coconut, they just really didn't taste any differently than an ordinary crab cake. I'm definitely going to make a spicy sauce for eating the leftovers. I'll probably go back to my usual crab cake recipe after this attempt.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I am still young (25) Life experince has aged me alot. I learned to cook at both of my grandmother's knees (One southern American, one southern Irish) when I was about five. By ten I started collecting cookbooks and experinmenting on my own. As a latch key kid I cooked for my four younger brothers and sisters. My mom ran a small deli before she died when I was 17 so alot of my recies debuted there. Now I run my own catering Buisness. I am married to a wnderful man for five years now. I am a six year old daughter, sons who are four and three. We are also raising my 14 year old sister and nine Year old stepsister and have a 16 year old foster daughter, all of which love cooking with me. I am writing a cookbook with the hopes that when I pass I can leave my recipes for them My cookbook collection has now reached over 1200. Thank you for trying and reviewing my recipes.. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">