Asian Curried Sesame Peanut Butter Noodles With Shanghai Tips
Sweet and savory noodles in a curried sesame peanut butter sauce. You can add chicken or sausage for a one dish meal.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb Chinese wheat noodles
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 12 baby bok choy, halved (Shanghai Tips)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (see $notetemplate1$)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, natural
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 drops fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon mild curry powder (I used Singapore blend by Penzy's Spices)
- In a medium saucepan, combine olive oil, peanut butter, soy sauce and fish sauce over low heat. Blend cornstarch into the broth and slowly pour into saucepan, whisking constantly until smooth. Add curry powder to taste. Add sesame oil just before combining sauce with noodles.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions with kosher salt added to water. In last few minutes of cooking, add shanghai tips. Drain noodles and mix with sesame peanut sauce. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more