Asian Chicken With Mushrooms
This is a simple quick meal to prepare a great one if your late in from work or you don't want to fuss and you end up with a great tasting meal in the end. I served this along with other Asian dishes we also had vegetable fried rice and ribs. If making as is it would well with just planes steamed rice or what I think is nicer is egg fried rice, but take your pick. I usually top with sliced green onions but I had used them all and hadn't realised so I have listed it in the ingredients below anyway.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 shallots, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150 g mushrooms, quartered
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 50 ml water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- Heat peanut oil in a wok, add chicken and cook until chicken is brown, remove and set to one side.
- Add sesame oil to pan, add shallots, mushrooms and garlic stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Return chicken to pan along with sauces, water and sugar, stir-fry until mushrooms are soft and everything is heated through.
- It is nice served over egg fried rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Absolutely delicious! I had only 3 chicken breasts, so I added in some carrots and a few broccoli florets otherwise followed the recipe. Next time I think I shall add in a pinch of red chilli flakes. Served it with fried rice, everybody enjoyed it! Thank you, The Flying Chef, for sharing this wonderful recipe, definitely will be making it again!
We made this tonight after a long day travelling. It was fast and delicious and much appreciated thank you Natalie. I used thigh fillets by preference and red onion because it was a 12th of the price of shallots. Like pat I made sure to cook it quite well. My hotplate is a bit slow, so my chicken cooked white rather than browning, but I don't think the flavour was affected at all.