Asian Burritos With Ginger Salsa
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- plum sauce (optional)
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- In a bowl, mix together the salsa ingredients; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef until browned; drain and blot up any remaining grease with paper towels.
- To the cooked beef, stir in oats until well incorporated; add in hoisin sauce, water, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper; let simmer a few minutes until well blended and heated through; taste and adjust seasonings.
- Warm tortillas; fill each tortilla with beef mixture; top with cabbage, carrot and ginger salsa (or can serve the salsa on the side); wrap up burrito-style; serve with plum sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!