Asian Asparagus and Radish Salad
photo by januarybride
- Ready In:
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 -3 dashes asian red chili sauce (such as sriracha)
- 1 bunch radish, trimmed and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- Fill a medium bowl with ice water and place by the stove. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket.
- Cut off the tips of the asparagus, then thinly slice the remaining asparagus stalks on the diagonal. Place in the steamer basket and steam until tender-crisp, about 1 minute. Transfer the asparagus to the ice water. Drain.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, canola oil, sesame oil, ginger and chile sauce (if using) in a large bowl.
- Add the asparagus, radishes and scallion; toss to combine.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!