Asiago/Parmesan Tilapia in 20 Minutes or Less!
- Ready In:
- 12 -16 ounces tilapia fillets (thawed)
- 1⁄2 - 1 lemon (juiced!)
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (Kraft or store-brand in green canister is okay, freshly shredded or grated is even better!)
- black peppercorns, freshly ground (to taste!)
- 4 tablespoons shredded asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray a 13x9 Pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- Combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, and black pepper in a bowl. (I guesstimated the ingredient amounts in a Pyrex measuring cup, squeezing in the lemon juice first, then adding the remaining ingredients ~ EXCEPT the asiago cheese ~ add that last after the fish bakes!).
- Place thawed tilapia fillets in baking dish ~ top with mayo/parmesan cheese mixture ~ spread to cover fillets.
- Bake at 425F for 10-12 minutes, just until fish flakes.
- Top baked fillets with grated asiago cheese ~ (about one tablespoon per fillet).
- Bake 5 more minutes until asiago cheese is lightly browned.
- For a super fast meal, I served this with canned mexi-corn and black beans combined together with a sprinkling of garlic powder and a few dashes of cayenne pepper, and microwaved for two minutes!
Join The Conversation
I am not a good cook. I don't actually like to cook, so I was looking for something easy that I wouldn't have to spend a fortune on for exotic ingredients. I was excited to find this recipe--only had to pick up the fish and the Asiago cheese. It was so easy and absolutely scrumptious!!! If you like to cook, you can fix anything, but if you don't, this is a recipe for you--I promise!!!