Arugula Salad With Fennel, Oranges and Pecorino Romano
photo by CookinDiva
- Ready In:
- Prepare fennel - using only the white bulb, shave thin slices on a mandolin or with a very sharp knife. Set aside.
- Prepare pecorino-romano cheese - finely grated cheese does NOT have enough flavor "punch", so buy your cheese in bulk and create larger pieces, such as match-stick size or larger shavings.
- On 4 cold plates, arrange arugula. Top with orange sections, shaved fennel and pieces of pecorino-romano cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar or balsamic "glaze" (see note below). Finish with a grinding of fresh black pepper and serve.
- NOTE: You can find balsamic "glaze" in gourmet or Italian stores. It is a thicker, more concentrated balsamic vinegar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!