Artichoke, Chanterelle, and Cipollini Sauté
- Ready In:
- 3 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 lbs baby artichokes
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) bag cipollini onions, peeled and halved (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 1⁄2 ounces fresh chanterelle mushrooms, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup sugar snap pea
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Combine water and 2 tablespoons juice. Working with one artichoke at a time, bend back outer green leaves of artichokes, snapping at base, until reaching light green leaves.
- Trim about 1/4 inch from top of artichoke. Cut off stem of artichoke to within 1/4 inch of base; peel stem.
- Cut artichoke in half vertically. Place artichoke halves in lemon water. Repeat with remaining artichokes.
- Set aside.
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions; cook for 3 minutes or until onions begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove onions from pan, and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter and oil to pan, stirring until butter melts.
- Add shallots, mushrooms, and garlic; sauté 1 1/2 minutes or until shallots are tender.
- Add onions and wine; cook for 3 minutes or until wine almost evaporates. Drain artichokes. Stir artichokes and peas into onion mixture; cook 3 minutes or until artichokes are tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons juice, parsley, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My rating system: (I don't like giving bad reviews, so if I don't like it, I'll just not review it.) <br /><br />5 Stars OMG, this is one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten! I can't stop eating it, and I've eaten myself into a food coma. <br /><br />4 Stars The recipe is wonderful as is. I can't think of a single improvement and I will most likely make it again. <br /><br />3 Stars This needed a little *something*something*. I might make it again, but will add my own improvements if I do. <br /><br />I love to eat! And I love to cook. I tend to take over the kitchen when I get in there. Even the dog knows the command get outta my kitchen! LOL. Cooking for other people and trying new recipes or foods is FUN! I have a small (but growing quickly!!) cookbook collection and one of my favorite things to do is to read recipes and plan meals. Rachael Ray, Horn of the Moon and Moosewood are favorites of mine. <br /><br />We spend a lot of time outdoors camping, hiking and backpacking. Yup. I cook in the woods too! I've made deals with my hiking buddies... If they carry in my food, I'll cook for them. I recently published a backpacking cookbook. Check out the website: http://www.onepanwonders.com <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/AnimatedPRD.gif alt= /> <img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif alt= /></p>