Artichoke and Ripe Olive Tuna Salad
An unusual and rich flavor combination! Serve this salad with sliced tomato on a bed of lettuce or on French bread. Adapted from Delish on msn.
- Ready In:
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup chopped canned artichoke heart (or use marinated artichokes)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ripe olives (black or kalamata is good)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (1/2 teaspoon dried- or try thyme for a change)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- sliced tomatoes (otpional)
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- Combine tuna, artichokes, olives, mayonnaise, lemon juice, oregano and parsley, if using, in a medium bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Place salad in a mound on lettuce leaves along with sliced tomatoes and serve. This also makes a great sandwich on French bread! Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
OMG! This is an amazingly flavorful salad! I followed the recipe to make one serving; using marinated artichokes, the kalamata olives & since I had a few feta crumbles to use up too, I threw those in as well. I had fresh parsley but had to use dried oregano. To serve, I layered a plate with a bed of iceberg lettuce, a few fresh basil leaves for color contrast, sliced roma tomato & the salad. I wish I could attest to how good it is the next day, but I ate the whole thing! Will definitely make more next time & eat it for several lunches or snacks. I think my family would eat it if I used black olives instead of the kalamata, but I really liked the flavor of them so I'll make both versions next time. Thanks for sharing a wonderful surprise of a recipe, Sharon! You never disappoint! Made & enjoyed for your Fall 2009/week 5 Football Pool win! :)